In February, Taste 4 Travel featured a “Spice It Up” giveaway, and Chef Jacquie is happy to announce the winning recipe by Charlie Moresi. Congratulations!
• 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
• ½ bell pepper, diced
• ½ eggplant with skin, diced
• 1 stalk broccoli cut in ¼ inch rings, flowerets reserved
• ¼ onion, sliced thin
• 4 ounces sliced baby Bella mushrooms
• 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
• 1 can Rotel Brand diced tomatoes with habaneros
• Splash of red wine
• ¼ cup red pepper flakes
• Garnish: Pepper vinegar & grated pecorino cheese for garnish
In a medium pan, over medium heat, add coconut oil and sauté bell pepper, broccoli, onion, mushrooms and garlic for a few minutes. Add wine, tomatoes and red pepper flakes, stir and reduce heat to low; cover with lid askew for about 20 minutes. Add broccoli flowerets, last 10 minutes of cooking. Serve over quinoa and grate pecorino cheese and drizzle with pepper vinegar. Top with a pepper from the vinegar jar.