Chef Jacquie’s Recipe: Stoned Fruit Sangria featuring Tannat Rosé
When I started thinking about this sangria recipe, I knew I wanted to feature a great Rosé, because to me, if summer had a wine…it’s Rosé! Likewise on the fruits..stone fruits, like plums, peaches and cherries are at the height of the season right now–how could I tie these summer flavors together in an elegant cocktail?
So– I tapped a friend and sommelier extraordinaire, Marc Supsic, for a recommendation!
Marc’s pick? A new Tannat Rosé from Artesana, a small single vineyard estate winery in Uruguay run by two lady winemakers, Analía Lazaneo & Valentina Gatti!
PERFECT–with strong notes of kiwi and grapefruit, the Tannat Rosé is a beautiful compliment to the stone fruits in this sangria, and a steal at $13 a bottle, plus it pairs well with all kinds of grilled food…just right for summer cookouts!
As promised…here’s my recipe!
Stoned Fruit Sangria
Serves 4 to 6
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 cup sliced peaches, skins left on
• 1 cup sliced plums, skins left on
• 1 cup cherries, pitted
• 1/2 cup peach brandy
• 1 750-ml bottle dry Rosé, chilled
Soak the plums, peaches and cherries in the peach brandy and set aside for 30 minutes.
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water, and heat just until the sugar is dissolved to make a simple sugar syrup. Pour the brandy with the plums, peaches, and cherries in a large pitcher and pour the sugar syrup over top. Stir!
Add the cold Rosé and chill until ready to serve, ideally overnight. Serve over ice and be sure to serve some of the stone fruit in each glass.
Check out Marc’s video to learn more about Artesana wines right here:
Check out more recipes from Chef Jacquie
- Agnes’ Roasted Chicken broccoli rabe sausage and potatoes
- Broccoli Gratin
- Chef Jacquie’s Recipe: Charlie’s Vegetarian Chili Winner of our Souper Bowl Contest!
- Chef Jacquie’s Recipe: Chef Ed’s Mac and Five Cheeses Recipe
- Chef Jacquie’s Recipe: Chef Jessie’s Hot Cocoa
- Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cookie Contest Winner!
- Fresh Figs Poached in Cardamom, Orange and Rosewater Syrup
- Grandmom Lena’s Sesame Seed Cookies
- Hot Pepper Shooter Grilled Cheese
- Josephine’s Roasted Asparagus with Sesame Oil
- Marguerite’s sautéed spinach with olive oil and garlic
- Mashed Potatoes with Goat Cheese from the kitchen of Wolfgang Puck
- Moonshine Hotritas
- Najia’s Mouthwatering Vegan Fruit Salad with Dairy Free Cream
- Noelle Kelly’s Italian-Tofu Steak Sandwiches with Red Pepper Mayo
- Orca Bean Soup
- Spicy Giambotta