Put the “Souper” into Super Bowl Sunday!
Your house is the place to be to watch the big game, and you want to make sure this year’s event stands out. You want to serve something fun besides the same old snacks, but don’t have a lot of time to cook. Well, here is your answer…Taco Soup!
This is a favorite at my house for adults and kids alike! The best part about Taco Soup is serving with a FIX IT YOURSELF Fixins’ Bar! Simple, authentic, and quick! Are you ready for some football?
Taco Soup (you can make this from scratch or use leftover tacos and frozen veggies)
• 2 pounds of ground chicken or ground beef
• 1 can of diced chilies (mild or hot)
• 1 can of Marzano Italian Plum Tomatoes, roughly chopped
• 1 can of black beans, drained
• 2 carrots, peeled & diced
• 2 ribs of celery, peeled & diced
• 1 whole onion, diced
• Olive Oil
• 6 cups of College Inn, or similar Chicken Stock/Broth
• 1/2 teaspoon Cumin, 1 teaspoon Cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon Marjoram
• 1 Bay leaf, 4 peppercorns, sprig of Thyme (I put in cheese cloth & securely tie with string, for easier removal when soup is finished)
Saute Chicken in Large Stock Pot, when browned add veggies, cook for 10 minutes. Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
Serve with crumbled taco chips on top and fixins’ from the self serve taco bar.
Fixins’: Sour Cream, sliced Scallions, shredded cheese (any type like Taco Blend), cooked White rice, hot sauce, and chopped chilies, chopped tomatoes.
To complete the meal I serve nachos, taco chips with a variety of salsas, guacamole, and refried beans.
P.S. Check out the video of Winston Justice of the Philadelphia Eagles cooking with Mamma Maria on one of my tours!