What are your plans for New Year’s Eve? Do you go out for dinner; do you stay home and entertain? Some suggestions for the ultimate New Year’s Eve cocktail party at home!
Sit down and make a list of what needs to get done beforehand. What things can you do ahead of time?
3 days before, pick a simple menu and make a shopping list.
2 days before, set up the buffet table with silverware, napkins and glasses. Food shop, make soup and vinaigrette.
1 day before, grill your veggies, make your desserts and prepare your sliders
Serving buffet style makes life much easier for the hostess.
- Signature cocktail: Pear Bellini served with antipasto plate.
- Salad greens with fresh Chevre cheese, raisins, almonds and champagne vinaigrette served in martini glasses looks festive.
- Potato Leek soup served in small mugs with slices of warm, crusty baguette.
- Main course: variety of mini sliders, including crab cake with garlic aioli, turkey with Gruyere cheese or grilled Portobello mushrooms, broccoli rabe and provolone cheese.
- Dessert: A traditional sweet table with a variety of pastries, mousse, cakes, pies, cookies and cut up fruit with chocolate or caramel dipping sauce.
For more information on our culinary tours, please call Chef Jacquie at (610) 506-6120.
Wishing you Health and Happiness in the New Year!